fontsizecombobox problem

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,

when using the fontsize combobox i found out that when I change the value into a size that is not available in the dropdownlist, it is not taken over.

I want the user to be able to enter a value that is not in the dropdown,

<ribbon:FontSizeComboBox Name="Format_FontFontSize" SelectionChanged="FontFontSizeChanged" Width="42" IsEditable="True" />

Comments (4)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, for scenarios like this where it requires a repro to properly examine what's going on, please always build a new simple sample project and email it to us.  Make sure you rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  We'll wait for the sample.

Actipro Software Support

There is no more to add then the line in the xaml window as mentioned above.
Create the selectionChanged event and check the value

Just run it and try to enter a value that differs from the default values. It will give a value back from the default list values. It will NOT give the value entered by the user

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Arthur,

The SelectionChanged event is not really reliable for what you're trying to do since it deals more with if you've picked a drop-down list value.

Instead, use the Click event, which we fire properly in IsEditable mode when the value has changed.  The Text property will have the typed value.

Actipro Software Support

this worked.

thanks

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.