How to style background of the Label for Ribbon button group

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by sean cui
Version: 11.2.0552

On my Actipro ribbon. I want to set the background of the label of each ribbon button group. How to achive that?

Thanks,

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sean,

I'm sorry but we don't have a background fill in that particular area by default.  You'd need to retemplate the group to support it.

We do however support the label foreground to be a different color via an asset:

<ribbon:Group Label="Test">
	<ribbon:Group.Resources>
		<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.RibbonGroupForegroundNormalBrushKey}" Color="Red" />
	</ribbon:Group.Resources>
</ribbon:Group>

Actipro Software Support

In the version 3.5. This use to work, we have a ribbon window with group title in different backround color. After we upgrade to 2011.2. The background color is lost.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Sorry Sean, the label background was something only needed for the Office 2007 styles and in 2011.2, we dropped support for those old Office 2007 styles.  The Office 2010 styles don't use label backgrounds, and all the templates for Ribbon are much simpler overall without Office 2007 support since the 2007 look added a lot of extra complexity both in group templates in other places as well.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.