Possible docking problem when using LazyLoad persistence

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Keith I
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,

If you perform the following steps on your Docking -> Lazy Loading sample:

• Click Activate -> Create Programmatic ToolWindow 1
  • Click on the pin of Programmatic ToolWindow 1 so that it auto-hides
  • Hover the mouse over Programmatic ToolWindow 1 so that it is visible - then click the x to close it
  • Click on Activate -> Activate Programmatic ToolWindow 1

At this point I would expect Programmatic ToolWindow 1 to be in auto-hide mode, but actually it is docked. I would expect the window to be in auto-hide mode at this point.

When I run this in my application I can see that the ToolWindow State property is auto-hide after I have created the tool window, but as soon as I call Activate the State changes to docked. The behaviour is the same if I call ToolWindow.Activate or ToolWindow.Open.

Is this behaviour by design or is it a bug? If it is by design then would it be possible to change it to have different bevahiour for the Activate and Open methods?

Regards,

Keith

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keith,

By default, ToolWindows will not restore to the auto-hide state. You can change this behavior by setting DockSite.CanToolWindowsRestoreToAutoHideState to true.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Keith I

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have modified your sample to set CanToolWindowsRestoreToAutoHideState to true, but I still get the same result. Please could you verify that it works for you?

Regards,

Keith

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keith,

Sorry, I misread your repro steps and was closing the Window and relaunching the sample then activating. You are correct, that is a bug and we have corrected it for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.