Ways to increase work speed in SyntaxEditor with .Net addon

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Silverlight Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Mike Pavlov - Terrasoft
Version: 11.2.0122

Hi!

We found some problems in loading large code for headerText section in fragment editor mode - text typing became much slower because of large parsing volume. We made a decision to provide an ability for developer to off/on some options dynamicly, that can affect on speed of typing - for example, exclude/include public,protected or private members from IntelliPrompt

1. Can you help us with dynamic cancelling of syntax error highlightning (and parsing errors at all - that can help in our problem)? 

2. May be you have some more ideas - how to provide flexible proportion between SyntaxEditor comforts and work speed?

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

If you are seeing text typing slow down then my guess is you didn't follow the Getting Started steps listed in the add-on's documentation.  If you don't do those things then text parsing will occur in the UI thread instead of being done in a worker thread and you will see slowdown in larger documents.  If you did the steps properly, then you shouldn't see any typing slowdown.  Please review the Getting Started docs and I'm guessing that will solve the problem.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Mike Pavlov - Terrasoft

Thanks a lot! You made me see the light : )

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.