IsCurrentLineHighlightingEnabled Issue

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Version: 11.2.0553
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm having a problem with the new IsCurrentLineHighlightingEnabled property.  I have this property bound to a ribbon button, but what I'm finding is that it doesn't reliably toggle it's state with the button click. I have set the state of the property to True.  When the application starts, the the button indicates an "on" state and line highlighting is on.  When I click the button, highlighting is turned off and the button goes into an "off" state.  Now when I click the button again, the button indicates "on" but line highlighting does not get turned on.  From this point on. I can click the button and line hightlighting turns on and off, but is out of sunc with the state of the button. I have other boolean syntax editor properties bound to ribbon buttons exactly the same way, using a common method, and they all work correctly 100% of the time.  Not sure why this property is behaving differently. 

<ribbon:ButtonGroup >
                            <ribbon:Button Name="btnLineHighlight" ImageSourceSmall="/WpfApplication1;component/Resources/HighlightHS.png" Label="Highlight" IsChecked="{Binding Path=IsCurrentLineHighlightingEnabled, ElementName=Editor1}" Click="ToggleLineHighlightingButton_Click" ScreenTipHeader="Highlight Line" ScreenTipDescription="Toggle current line highlighting" />
                            <ribbon:Button ImageSourceSmall="/WpfApplication1;component/Resources/List_NumberedHS.png" Label="Line Numbers" IsChecked="{Binding Path=IsLineNumberMarginVisible, ElementName=Editor1}" Click="ToggleButton_Click" ScreenTipHeader="Line Numbers" ScreenTipDescription="Toggle line numbering" />
                        </ribbon:ButtonGroup>

Private Sub ToggleButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Ribbon.Controls.ExecuteRoutedEventArgs)
            e.Handled = True
            DirectCast(sender, ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Ribbon.Controls.Button).IsChecked = Not DirectCast(sender, ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Ribbon.Controls.Button).IsChecked
        End Sub

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rick,

It's hard to say without a simple sample to debug but you are binding the IsChecked to the SyntaxEditor property and then setting it again in your ToggleButton_Click event.  My guess is that your event handler is wiping out the binding.  You should probably just be doing one or the other..

Actipro Software Support

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that's it.  I use this same pattern with IsRulerMarginVisible, IsWhitespaceVisible, and IsLineNumberMarginVisible properties and they work perfectly everytime.  I found when I was debugging this, trying to figure out what was going on, that everything worked well when I had a breakpoint in ToggleButton_Click on the line that updates the button.isChecked property.  Once I removed the breakpoint, in the same execution, the abnormal behavior resumed. 

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Ok, thanks.  We tracked down the issue and have a fix for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Excellent.  Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.