MS -IME cannot be input in adoner textbox of Syntax editor.

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Shintaro Iwamura
Version: 11.2.0552
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

I am using the functionality of intra text spacer tags in the WPF syntaxeditor. I am having an actipro expander with a text box that allows to user to type value in to the text box that is displayed in between the words. But it does not let me enter text using MS-IME. In fact when the focus is in the text box, I cannot change to IME on. Is this is a known issue? Please let me know if there are any work arounds.If you need a sample. Please let me know.

Comments (7)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Shintaro,

We have some API that wires up editor views to support IME.  It should enable/disable it based on if the view has keyboard focus (EditorView.GotKeyboardFocus event, etc.).  I would think that it would disable its own IME implementation if your TextBox has keyboard focus since in that case the view wouldn't have focus.  And I would hope that it wouldn't interfere with your TextBox's IME in that case either.

We do call InputMethod.SetIsInputMethodSuspended(view, true) when the view is created meaning it suspends normal IME at that level.  We need to do that to get our own custom IME working since Microsoft doesn't make it easily available for anything other than TextBox and RichTextBox.  Perhaps that setting is blocking your TextBox's IME from being supported since it's a child visual.  In that case, I'm not sure if there will be a workaround.  You might try setting that attached property to false on the view when your TextBox is going to get focus to see if that helps.  Then back to true when it loses focus.

If you'd like us to look into it further, yes, please submit a new simple sample project that shows the issue.  Rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

I tried the  InputMethod.SetIsInputMethodSuspended(view, false) But it did not work.

I would like to send the sample by mail.

Could you please let me know the e-mail id.

It would be our support address.  There is a link to it on the Contact Us page.  We'll be happy to take a look but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get it working due to how Microsoft internally added support for IME for TextBox but didn't expose any of those features natively in WPF for custom controls like SyntaxEditor, thus requiring our native Windows API calls to get it working there.

Actipro Software Support

I sent the sample code.

Actually Google IME is work fine but MS-IME does not work.

I found the WPF popup issue.

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/389998/wpf-popup-messes-with-ime-switching

I created the popup sample ,it work fine on popup but it does not work on syntaxEditor.

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Shintaro,

Good news, I believe we were able to make a code adjustment to get it working. Thanks for the sample. This will be in the upcoming maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Hello.

I tried to new versin syntaxEditor and I found the issue.

IntraTextAdornmentManagerBase<TView,TTag> TTag is still reference to Actipro\v11.1.544.0\ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Wpf351.dll.

Do I need to use a new interface? How should I do?

Hi Shintaro,

The fix is in 2011.2 build 553, so you'd need to make sure you remove all references in your project to version 2011.1 and replace them with the newer version assemblies.  You might even want to uninstall 2011.1 as well.

Please read the 2011.2 version's conversion documentation topic since assembly names changed (they all end in .Wpf now) and there are other changes as well, mostly related to theming.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 8 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.