Set the size of the Dockguide

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 11.2.0554

Hi,

How to set the size of the DOCKGUIDE according to the region of the docksite.

ForExample :My sample application consists of the Two docksites(docksite1,docksite2) and each docksite consist of the toolwindow(toolwindow1,toolwindow2) using the PrismIntegration with Docking.

I had linked these docksites to each other.

Problem is like suppose the height of docksite1 is only 40. and height of the docksite2 is 900.

When i drag the toolwindow2 from the docksite2 and put that dragged toolwindow2 in docksite1 then Dockguide showing in that small region(docksite1) is very large and it is crossing the boundaries of the small docksite1 region.User will not be able to dock the Toolwindow2 into docksite1.

If i set the size of the docksite1 to 400 and size of the docksite2 to 540 then user can easily dock the toolwindiow2 in to docksite1.

So how to set the size of the DOCKGUIDE  according to the size of the docksite.So that user can drag and dock the large docksite or large toolwindow into small docksite.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

I'm sorry but the dock guides only come in one standard size.

If you would like a smaller size for them then you can do so though.  Each dock guide is implemented by its own control class (like DockGuideTop) and as such you can make an implicit style for its Template to redefine it in a smaller way and/or change its look completely.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.