Change backcolor and forecolor of editor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Radjesh Klauke - X-impress
Version: 12.1.0300

Hi,

Which properties to use to change the backcolor and the forecolor of the editor?

Comments (7)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Background color of the editor:

editor.Renderer.TextAreaBackColor = new SolidColorBackgroundFill(Color.White);

Forecolor and background color of the default syntax highlighting:

editor.Document.Language.HighlightingStyles.Add(new HighlightingStyle("DefaultStyle", null, Color.Black, Color.Transparent));

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Thanks.

- Error 1 Property 'TextAreaBackColor' is 'ReadOnly'. Can't change te back color.

Changing the forecolor works great.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello the base SyntaxEditorRenderer class defines that property as read-only.  But the implementation class we use (VisualStudio2005SyntaxEditorRenderer) has a setter.  So cast it to that.

Actipro Software Support

Example? I tried myeditor = VisualStudio2005SyntaxEditorRenderer.DefaultRenderer.TextAreaBackColor.FromArgb(255,64;64;64), but that seems to be wrong.

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

You need to cast the render instance of your editor. And don't forget the SolidColorBackgroundFill.

Fyi, I use a static renderer instance in my app. When I create an editor, I just assign my static instance to the editor. This way all editor instances are updated simultaniously.

var renderer = editor.Renderer as VisualStudio2005SyntaxEditorRenderer;

if (null != renderer)
{
  renderer.TextAreaBackColor = new SolidColorBackgroundFill(Color.FromArgb(255,64;64;64));
}

[Modified 9 years ago]

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Ah, like that. Thanks.

The latest build of this product (v21.1.0) was released 18 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.