IntelliPrompt for JavaScript

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Deric Stone
Version: 12.1.0300

I'm evaluating SyntaxEditor for use with JavaScript (and I'm a novice at JavaScript so forgive me). It looks like there is no "out of the box" IntelliPrompt support for languages other than .NET and XML. Is that right? I'm a little puzzled because it seems to me the syntax parser that provides coloring (which works fine) should be able to provide some rudimentary input for IntelliPrompt. Am I missing something? If there is support could you provide a code snippet to get me started?

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Deric,

Thank you for evaluating SyntaxEditor.

That is correct, the only languages we've written advanced implementations with full automated IntelliPrompt for at this time are C#/VB and XML. 

While our core SyntaxEditor product has all the features needed for custom languages to build automated IntelliPrompt for any language, our basic Javascript language definition just does syntax highlighting, code outlining, and line commenting right now.  The "Simple" language example shows a simplistic language that has automated IntelliPrompt features so that's a good example to look at.  Or If you are considering our WPF SyntaxEditor instead, it's a newer object model than WinForms and has a full Getting Started series that walks you through creation of the "Simple" language with automated IntelliPrompt features, start to finish.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.