2012.1 Sample Browser does not work

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 12.1.0560
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

I tried starting the Sample Browser for 2012.1. I get the hour glass for a few seconds and then nothing. No errors no browser.

Comments (6)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi David,

We haven't heard of that happening.  Are you running it off your computer or off a network drive?  Can you compile the sample project and run it through VS to see if there are any exceptions happening?  If you still don't see anything, at least you can break the debugger then to see what the call stack is hanging up at.

Actipro Software Support

I did as you requested and got "you do not have license for Sytax editor" but it still let me run the browser.  I did not install this feature, so it's understandable that I get the error. If VS can run without it, why can't the browser?

Hi David,

So you can run the Sample Browser project if you run it through Visual Studio, but not originally from the pre-built one in the Programs menu?

Actipro Software Support

That's right.

Does it work now from the Programs menu now that you've compiled it on your end, assuming you compiled the C# source for the sample?

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by David Sherwood

I compiled the VB one, so I changed the program menu to use that one and it works.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.