SplitButton - click on arrow

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Kasper
Version: 12.1.0561

Hi guys,

Just a quick question this time: If I have a context menu with a SplitButton, I don't expect the Click event of this SplitButton to be fired if I click directly on the arrow, but that's exactly what currently happens. Since there's a short delay before the child menu of the SplitButton is shown, I think that a lot of users will be clicking on the arrow to get to the menu and instead the SplitButton instead will fire. Is this really by design or is it a small bug?

Comments (4)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

I'm trying this but don't see that the code to raise the Click event for the SplitButton is hit when clicking the drop-down portion.  I do see it get hit when the button portion is clicked.  If you are seeing something different, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and send it over.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi guys,

That's odd, since this is very reproducable for me. I have sent you a sample app that should show it. Please do let me know if I did something differently than you, that caused this difference in behavior :)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

Thanks for the sample.  It only seems to happen when the SplitButton is in a menu.  In the Ribbon it was working ok.  We've fixed it for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Yes that's true. Thank you, looking forward to the update as usual :)

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.