Custom Editboxes

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Rithesh
Version: 11.2.0561

Hi,

I understand it is possible to create customEditBox like BrushEditbox or ColorEditBox. There are no Samples in the sample application and the SSN sample does not have the DropDown content. I want to create my own drop down content and the custom drop down edit box. Has anyone worked on this?

regards,

Rithesh

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rithesh,

There is quite a bit of information on making and customizing your own EditBox in the documentation under Topics>Actipro Editors>Part Editors, if you would like a good reference. As far as drop downs you will want to set the DropDownButtonVisibility to visible, and if you want you can also set the DropDownButtonInactiveVisibility for when the control isn't active. You can put your custom content in DropDownContent, or use the DropDownContentTemplate and DropDownContentTemplateSelector properties. I recommend reading more in the documentation as it has much more information on your customization options.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Rithesh

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I am able to support customDropdownEditBox now.

I observed the close button is implemented in the editor, does it mean that the customEditors need to have their own close button? This means that the custom editors will have close buttons which looks different from that of Brush, Color and Date Editors. Is there a close button component I can reuse or should I create my own? Or is there a container which has the close button, upon which I can add my custom editor as a child?

regards,

Rithesh

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rithesh,

If you set the style of your close button to {DynamicResource {x:Static themes:EditorsResourceKeys.CloseButtonStyleKey}} then it should match the ones we use.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.