Is it possible to force the Glass style on a RibbonWindow?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Mick
Version: 12.1.0561

I have a RibbonWindow that I was previously using version 11.2.0554 to create, and somehow it had the glass effect even though I have my Windows settings set to "Windows Classic."

I recently upgraded to 12.1.0561, and now the default RibbonWindow does not restyle the maximize/minimize buttons. For reference, my window used to look like the picture (not the external sample) in the sample browser under Ribbon->RibbonWindow.

Is it possible to force the RibbonWindow to use this "glass" style (i.e. rounded corners, replaced minimize/maximize/close buttons in the upper right)?

Comments (3)

Is there some special requirement for changing a RibbonWIndow's theme (i.e. to Blue/Black/Silver)? I have copied / pasted the project under the samples: Ribbon->RibbonWindow and changed only the namespaces and added the relevant icon files to my project, and the theme switching doesn't change my application window to blue/black/silver.

Is there something that needs to be set up at a global level that I'm missing (perhaps something like including a resource in generic.xaml?)

[Modified 12 years ago]

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mick,

I don't believe anything changed in regards to the glass effects between 2011.2 and 2012.1.  You are probably thinking of when glass is disabled (where the window is fully-themed), which you can do by having your system have Aero off or by setting RibbonWindow.IsGlassEnabled = false.

As of version 2011.2, the Office themes come in a separate assembly and there are a couple configuration steps you need to do to use them.  You can look at the Themes documentation topics "Getting Started" or the "Troubleshooting" for more help with getting Office themes going.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks,

I believe I was looking for the ThemesOfficeThemeCatalogRegistrar.Register() call.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.