Animate Image in DocumentWindow Tab

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Astera user - Astera Software
Version: 12.1.0302

I'm using a class inheriting from the DocumentWindow one.  We've decided to load data for this window asynchronously and would now like to display some sort of feedback in the tab itself.  What is the best way to animate the image to the left of the text in the tab?  

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Perhaps you could use something like this class to assist in rendering an Image that contains animations?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.imageanimator.animate.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Astera user - Astera Software

Hi,

Thank you for that.  Tried that route and the problem was figuring out where to draw the image?  I looked at the TabStripRenderer and didn't have much success as this looks like I would be responsible for drawing the entire tab, not just the image.   

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

It's been a while since I've used that class but if I remember correctly I think you just use it and it animates the image to the next frame within the Image object.  So as long as you Invalidate the tab, when it re-renders, it will show the next frame.  You shouldn't have to custom render the tab.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.