NavigableSymbolSelector Class Visibility

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Nick
Version: 12.1.0562

Hello,

I've added a NavigableSymbolSelector to a SyntaxEditor and it works very well. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to remove the class-level listbox, showing only the MemberSymbols list?

2. Is it possible to style the comboboxes with an existing combobox style?

Thanks,

Nick.

Comments (6)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nick,

Yes you can choose to show a single drop-down and we actually do that in our Getting Started #14 QuickStart for the "Simple" language.

Yes, they currently use whatever Style is assigned to the resource key:

{x:Static themes:SharedResourceKeys.ToolBarEmbeddedComboBoxStyleKey}

You could redefine that in the control's resources if you'd like to be your own Style and that would probably get picked up.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

It appears to me that AreMemberSymbolsSupported = "false" hides the drop list that I actually want to keep. It's the other one I'd like to hide (showing class names). This is bound to a syntax editor using your C# language provider.

Nick.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nick,

Oh so you want this for use with our .NET add-on.  Unfortunately no, we don't have an option for that built-in unless you retemplate the control.  Since you are a WPF Studio customer you can download the default styles/templates and modify the template for your needs.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, I'll take a look. May I humbly turn this into a feature request as I suspect this may be easy for you guys.

N.

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nick,

We've added a new AreRootSymbolsSupported property for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Great! My workaround was a negative margin, so this will definitely be better.

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.