Slow Find and Replace for large document for SyntaxEditor for WPF

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Gordon Zhang
Version: 12.2.0570

Hi there,

I searched for a long time, and could not find a solution on this for SyntaxEditor for WPF.

Here is my problem, I tried to search a text for large file say bigger than 10 MB. It takes us about 2 mins to find the keyword if the keyword is far from the top of the document. and for the same document, the winform one only take a second. I tried to use RegularExpression and Norma search, but make no difference.

I am using ranged-based outliner and using

ActiveView.Searcher.FindNext(ESO);//here eso is EditorSearchOptions

At beginning, I thought it is problem in the outliner, but when I set the Document.Language = SyntaxLanguage.PlainText; the speed does not improve much.

Does anyone have any solution for this?

Thanks

Gordon

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gordon,

I just tried a 10MB file in our SearchFindResults QuickStart after switching it to use our .NET Languages Add-on's C# language (which has outlining and a ton of other services) and it worked fine and fast.  That QuickStart uses EditorSearchView which calls the same ActiveView.Searcher.FindNext method. 

If you think there is a performance problem then you should first run a performance profiler on that part of your app and see if the hot spot falls in your code or ours.  If based on that you think the problem is in our code, please email us a new simple sample project that shows the issue, and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.