How can I emulate Backstage TaskTabItems that behave like buttons?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 12.1.0562

In Word 2010's Backstage Help tab, the Support buttons (such as Microsoft Office Help and Getting Started) appear like TaskTabItems, except that they behave like buttons. Two key behavioral differences are that they can't be selected and don't control the right size of the Help display.

Does the Actipro Backstage implementation support these types of buttons? I tried regular ribbon buttons but their appearance didn't match. When I further investigated TaskTabItems, I noticed they lack a Command property or Clicked event. Is there something I missed?

Thanks,

-Craig

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Craig,

If you look at our Backstage QuickStart, you probably could just stack some ribbon:Buttons under the Help heading there.  You should be able to just stick a normal ribbon:Button in there like:

<ribbon:Button Label="Save" ImageSourceSmall="/Resources/Images/Save16.png" />

If you put a few on top of each other, it will have a similar look.  You may just want to adjust tab order so that the controls on the right get tab focus first.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.

I gave your suggestion a shot and it sorta works, but it's not quite right since the Button's text is always aligned to the bottom of the bottom, whereas Office's help items have the label aligned at the top, and a description in the middle.

I later discovered that ribbon buttons with the MenuItem context work pretty well. There's one oddity though - when I hover over a ribbon button (with a MenuItem context in a Backstage tab), the button doesn't highlight when a mouse cursor hovers over it. Is this a bug, or is there a flag or something I need to set to enable this?

Thanks,

-Craig

Posted 11 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.

Actually, never mind re: the previous question. I found a style for LargeRecentDocumentButton which I think I'll just adapt for Help buttons. The MenuItem context looked correct at first but it really does need to be a regular button.

-Craig

[Modified 11 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.