Posted 12 years ago by Sergey Kaminskiy
Version: 12.2.0570

In our application we have a scripting support based on VB.NET language. End user can enter VB.NET code in WPF SyntaxEditor with .NET Languages Add-on, and then at run-time, we simply compile this code with .NET framework compiler and execute it.

Is there any support in WPF SyntaxEditor for end user to debug entered code? If there is no such support, any advice on how to implement debugging will be appreciated. One thing to mention, installing Visual Studio along with our application is not an option.

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sergey,

We don't have any built-in functionality for debugging.  You'd need to get a VB debugger and tie into that somehow.

In terms of UI for debugging, with SyntaxEditor it's mostly just about making indicators like breakpoints and a current line indicator and using those to highlight ranges of text.  All these can be accomplished via a classification tagger (to highlight the background of text) and a custom edit margin for glyphs.  We have an internal sample here on making a breakpoint indicator that we can send you if you find a debugger.  It's pretty easy to do.

One feature we are working on for the future is wrapping up the functionality mentioned above into a higher level "indicator" infrastructure that will be easier to consume.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Sergey Kaminskiy

Thank you for the answer, and yes I would like to get breakpoint example.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Ok I sent you an email with the link.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sergey,

I wanted to let you know that today's WPF and Silverlight controls v2013.1 releases have added indicators to SyntaxEditor. Please see our blog for details:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=98fc387d-0ede-4f49-9dc2-bf78a880c87d

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.