Rolling Scale Linear Gauge

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Torrey Stevens
Version: 12.2.0571

I would like to use a Rolling Scale Linear Gauge to represent heading like a compass with a range from 0 to 359 and I would like the scale to rollover from 359 to 0 and 0 to 359 when the maxs and mins are aproached. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Torrey

Comments (9)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Torrey,

Hmmm.... we haven't tried it before but you may be able to accomplish it if you make the ticks render farther out so that they show values beyond the end of what they do now.  You'd need to add additional tick labels probably since the numbers aren't sequential at those edges.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Torrey Stevens

Thanks for your response,

I am able to render the ticks further out, and I am able to change labels. But no matter what, I eventually will run out of room with the scale and hit an end point. I need it to infinitely roll in either direction.

-Torrey

[Modified 11 years ago]

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Torrey,

Right, you'd need to somehow flip it back to the other side (that has a similar visual value) when you are getting near one edge.  And do it in a way that isn't animated so that it continues to look seamless to the end user.

I believe if you temporarily set DampeningMinimumDuration="0" and DampeningMaximumDuration="0" on the currentValueMarker (in our sample), that will disable the slide animation.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by lala

Hello , I am happy with the Gauge library but I really need exactly what Torrey asked a while ago.

I tried to start doing the same changing the dumpening 

if(MyValueReceived==359 || MyValueRecived==0){
HeadingMarker.DampeningMinimumDuration=new System.Windows.Duration(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(0));
HeadingMarker.DampeningMaximumDuration = new System.Windows.Duration(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(0));
}

But I don't see clear how to set the TicketsSets to render the ticks further out because i need to represent an infinitely roll and If I am not wrong the marker only roll over one ticketSet.Could you add more details to point me in the right direction for acomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, could you provide some more detail on what you are trying to do, or perhaps link to some mocked up screenshots so we can visualize it better?  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hello , this link should display a mockup pic of my Linear gauge with the current status and what I would like to get.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2rfae55.png

I want to roll my linear gauge from 0-359 and when raises 359 still rolling from 0 again without return to initial 0 .I need infinitely roll it.

What it is not good of my widget now is when is close to display 359 next values coming often are 0, 1 , 2 , 3 and when it happens my widget goes down quickly to raise those values . I need to change that behavoir to continue rolling from 359 to 0 normally. 

So basically I want to have excactly what Torrey wanted.  Thanks in advance :)

Posted 9 years ago by Torrey Stevens

I was able to do it with LinearTickLabelCustom labels and modifying each label's value and visibility realtime as heading changed. I am always showing 180 degrees of ticks (of 360) so I would also modify the Tick Set minimum and maximum realtime as the heading changed in ranges of values (90-270, >270, 0-90). It was pretty complex but worked well.

Torrey

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Good news, we've enhanced our Rolling Scale sample for the next version to show how to do an infinite rolling scale gauge for headings.  If you'd like it prior to the 2015.1 version, please write our support address and mention this thread and we can email it to you.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks !! I will do it then. And also thanks Torrey for you help , much appreciated :)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.