Classic charts (inlcuding pie & doghnout/donut charts)

Micro Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Sebastian Huebner

We're currently evaluate different possibilities to render classic charts in WPF: line, bar, column, pie and doughnut charts with full chart functionality like automatically ranged axes with description, grid lines and so on. Because we're already using some of your WPF components - and in fact we know how to handle styling and so on ;-)  - we would appreciate to use actipro for charting as well. We like your gauges and we like the idea of the micro charts. But nonetheless, for our software we'll also need classic charts (as described above). Do you have any plans to offer a classic chart component (including pie charts) in the future?

Your feedback (and maybe some even vague words about time planning) would be very helpful for us to make the right decision...

Thanks,
Sebastian.

Comments (7)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sabastian,

Thanks for writing.  We haven't really announced it yet but the next big product being added for v2013.1 is a full size charting solution with axes, grid lines, labels, etc. to complement our micro charts!  Both are useful in different scenarios.  We currently are working on finalizing the codebase and then will be porting to the codebase to WPF, Silverlight, and WinRT.

In the interests of getting it out near the beginning of 2013, the first version will likely only feature line, scatter, area, bar, and their variations.  We do plan on adding pie and doughnut charts afterward in maintenance releases.  Stay tuned to our blog for details as they emerge.

Actipro Software Support

These are good news from you guys. I'll stay tuned to be sure not to miss these features!

Thanks,
Sebastian.

Posted 11 years ago by Raphaël CANDELARESI

Hi,

What about these features ? Is it going to be released soon ?

Hi,

although they mentioned it will be part of the 2013.1 release, I'm not sure if this feature will be part of the upcoming release. Reading on their blog about the upcoming improvements and new features will inform you about Syntax Editor improvements, a dark theme (sic!) and some Silverlight changes. If I plan to release such a big improvement I would spread this information out to the world to prevent developers buying another solution.

Actually I'm wondering if we can use Actipro components to create charts in the near future, too.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello everyone,

The full size chart product we mentioned in our last reply is being finished up right now and we hope to have the 2013.1 version done very soon.  We will likely start working on things like pie/donut charts after the first release of it.

We do need to get some first screens of it up.  Sorry, we've been working like crazy trying to finish up the samples, documentation, and last tweaks.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Raphaël CANDELARESI

Ok, thank you for your reply :)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We just did a first look post on our blog about the full-size charts:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=8cb71f35-cc1c-4e29-9673-accd67290562

[Modified 11 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.