PartEditBox.DropDownStaysOpen is ignored?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Till
Version: 12.2.0571
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I use a PartEditBox as a base for my custom editor. When the drop-down button is clicked my editor opens a drop-down displaying a textblock, a textbox and a button. I want the drop-down to remain open until the button is clicked even if the user clicks onto another control, similar to .NET's popup-control.

As proposed by the documentation, I set the DropDownStaysOpen property to "true" - without effect. I can not see any different behaviour when I set the property to true or false. As soon as I click outside the drop-down it closes.

Additionally, I am confused by the naming of the property and its documentation ("true if the drop-down closes when the control is no longer in focus; otherwise, false. The default value is false."). I would expect that "true" keeps the drop-down open?

Kind Regards,

Till

Comments (5)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Till,

That property being set to true means that the drop-down should remain open if the PartEditBox loses focus to another control.

If you'd like us to look at what's happening in your scenario, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and e-mail it to our support address.  Rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Karen Johnson

I'm seeing the same thing.  I have a BrushEditBox as an editor in my PropertyGrid.  I set DropDownStaysOpen="True", but when I click outside of the BrushEditBox then the dropdown closes.  In fact, the dropdown also closes when I click inside of the dropdown contents in the white space around the controls!  Was there any resolution on this?

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi KC,

I just tested this again and it appears to be working fine. Try adding the following resource to our PropertyGrid Integration (Interop) demo under Editors:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type editors:BrushEditBox}">
    <Setter Property="DropDownStaysOpen" Value="true" />
</Style>

When I add that, then the drop down will not close until I click the "x" button. If you are still seeing the issue, please verify you are using the latest version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Karen Johnson

I have version 12.2.570.0.

I created a project with only a button and a BrushEditBox, but the dropdown still closes when I click on the button control.

<Button Grid.Row="0" Content="My Button"></Button>
     <Editors:BrushEditBox Grid.Row="1" DropDownStaysOpen="True"></Editors:BrushEditBox>

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Can you please try again with the latest version, as it was probably fixed since that older version?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.