Posted 11 years ago by Gregory

put autocomplete feature
My idea is something like eclipse or visual studio.
the idea is autocompletion based on the words that have been written in the document

Comments (7)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gregory,

Yes that is something we are working towards.  However please understand that adding auto complete for a file type can often be a very time consuming process.  For instance, we have such features for C#/VB in our other platforms and it took months of work to get that right alone.  Not only that but since each file type has its own distinct grammar and resolver rules, the work on one file type can't generally be used on another.

We will work towards adding auto-complete for certain file types, but it would be most helpful if you and others could indicate which file types are the ones you use the most.  That way we can prioritize what we work on.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Gregory

yes I know
so my suggestion was not to implement an autocomplete visual studio, eclipse, netbeans, etc..

my suggestion was to implement a feature similar to the notepad++ autocomplete
he will suggest words according to what has already been typed in the proper document, it really makes life easier ;)

Hi Gregory,

We haven't worked with Notepad++ before.  Could you provide some more detail on how their autocomplete works?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Julian Herrera

Could Sublime Text 2-style JSON formatted completion settings be used. I just downloaded one for Easel-JS.

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll mark it down.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by (Anonymous)

Autocomplete is certainly something I'd be willing to pay for as an in-app-purchase or pro version feature. You're currently the most well designed code editor on the Win8 app store, so much that even though TouchCode has autocomplete, I'd rather pay to have the feature in CodeWriter. With the release of the Surface Pro 3 and the increasing prevalence of Windows 8, I think I'm only one of many in this regard.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Max,

Which specific file types are you using that you'd like auto-complete in?  Our JavaScript file type already has something similar to what Gregory (above) suggested.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.