Posted 7 years ago by Clint Brown - VP Development, eSSETS, Inc.

I needed to copy some code as a starting point for a new program, a prime example of needing Save As. I had expected the directory to start in the same one where the original file is, but it defaulted to the My Documents folder. It took 8 clicks to return to the original folder.

I'm only going to use 1 vote for this because I don't use Save As frequently. It's more of a "polished" type of enhancement, in my opinion.

Edit: After doing my second Save As, I noticed it starts at the last directory where Save As was done. It's still not the same directory as the file I am duplicating, but at least in this case it was only 2 clicks away instead of the 8 from the first time.

[Modified 7 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Clint,

While we'd love to be able to do this, unfortunately the FileSavePicker Microsoft makes available to us doesn't allow it (for security reasons I suppose).  We can only pick a suggested start location from an enumeration that is high-level options like "DocumentsLibrary", "ComputerFolder", and some others.  We can't specify the file's IStorageFolder.that it is associated with.

[Modified 7 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Clint Brown - VP Development, eSSETS, Inc.

Thank you for your quick reply. Your explanation makes sense. I wonder if it would be useful to add a sentence to the help page? I'm not sure how many people actually read help, but it might save from having a few future postings here.

The latest build of this product (v3.3.0029) was released 10 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.