Posted 11 years ago by Clint Brown - VP Development, eSSETS, Inc.

I needed to copy some code as a starting point for a new program, a prime example of needing Save As. I had expected the directory to start in the same one where the original file is, but it defaulted to the My Documents folder. It took 8 clicks to return to the original folder.

I'm only going to use 1 vote for this because I don't use Save As frequently. It's more of a "polished" type of enhancement, in my opinion.

Edit: After doing my second Save As, I noticed it starts at the last directory where Save As was done. It's still not the same directory as the file I am duplicating, but at least in this case it was only 2 clicks away instead of the 8 from the first time.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Clint,

While we'd love to be able to do this, unfortunately the FileSavePicker Microsoft makes available to us doesn't allow it (for security reasons I suppose).  We can only pick a suggested start location from an enumeration that is high-level options like "DocumentsLibrary", "ComputerFolder", and some others.  We can't specify the file's IStorageFolder.that it is associated with.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Clint Brown - VP Development, eSSETS, Inc.

Thank you for your quick reply. Your explanation makes sense. I wonder if it would be useful to add a sentence to the help page? I'm not sure how many people actually read help, but it might save from having a few future postings here.

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.