Posted 11 years ago by Steven Power

Hey,

I have a few suggestions that I think will help with this app, as I really like the way it runs so far and would like to see it run even better in the future.

1. Live update - I work with a co-worker that also works with the same files that I do, so it would be great if the app would be able to detect if the file was modified and ask if I want to update it or not.

2. Highlight matching tags/brackets/quotes - When I'm working with html, or any other tag-based language, it would be great to be able to focus on a tag and see it's matching tag.  Same goes with brackets and quotes.

3. Indent Guide - Its always nice to be able to see how your indentation lines up by using guides.  Right now, to some-what simulate indent guides, I'm using paragraph symbols, but it would be easier to use guides instead.

4. More detailed syntax coloring - I've noticed (mostly in css and javascript files) that the syntax color isn't very detailed.  In css, you got tags, ids, and classes all the same color and hard to be distinguished on a quick glance.

5. Color guide for rgb/rgba - I love the color guide available for hex colors, but I also use rgb and rgba (mostly rgba) as well, and it would be nice to have the same guide for them as well.

Thanks.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (4)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the ideas, we've logged the requests.

For #4, do you have any URLs of some screenshots showing what you'd like it to look like?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Steven Power

http://i50.tinypic.com/2yxr7es.png

Here is a URL of an example.  The top screenshot is of the text editor I was using before this app.  The ids, classes, tags, pseudo-elements are all easily distinguishable from one another.  The bottom screenshot is of the same code using your app. Honestly, i don't have any color preference or anything like that, as long the contrast between the background color and the text color doesn't hurt the eyes, anything works for me.

Thinking about the colors gave me another idea though.  It'd probably be a good idea to let the user go through and stylize the syntax to how they want it. Some people may not want to differentiate between tags, classes, etc., while others may want to.  Some may want high contrast colors while others may not.

Thanks.

Hi Steven,

Just wanted to post a quick update.  #5 (color previews for rgb()/rgba()) will be in v1.4, after the new year.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Steven,

Your #3 suggestion for indentation guides is coming in v1.9.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.