Posted 11 years ago by Ben Nizette
Version: 1.8.9

After the last update, the new delimiter completion feature causes me some problems.

So far I've only been editing Python files and there have been a few different behaviours.  Just now entering "print(" responded with three closing parentheses, i.e. "print()))" appeared in the editor.  Other times, the program has crashed completely immediately after I enter an opening bracket, especially (it seems) if it's very quickly followed by another character.

Hm, since writing the above, it's now inserting four closing parentheses, perfectly repeatably, but only in one particular document.

Anyone else seeing similar?

--Ben.

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ben,

We hadn't seen this issue before but after testing for a while, I was able to finally make it occur once.  Unfortunately the debugger wasn't hooked up at the time and I haven't been able to get it to repro again.

It should be very reproducable though once we sort out the conditions that make it occur.  Can you help by trying to narrow down some steps to reproduce it?  I wonder if it is somehow related to multiple documents being open and switching between them, perhaps accidentally causing multiple auto-completers to be installed on a document.

I also was fast typing a ton of characters including open parens but couldn't make it crash.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ben,

We found the problem and might have found the issue with the lockup too.  We'll push out a new version with a fix for this soon.  In the meantime you can try turning off delimiter auto-completion in the Settings.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Ben Nizette

Awesome, thanks guys.

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.