How do I Enable / Disable Intelliprompt

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Michael Dempsey - Sr. Developer, Teradata Corp
Version: 12.1.0304

I have defined a code behind dynamic language that supports Intelliprompt member lists and quick info.

Some users will want to use these features but others will not, so how do I disable the member lists?
I thought there would be a simple switch somewhere (similar to AutoReplaceTriggersEnabled) but I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks
Mike

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

You could probably just update your language's IntelliPromptMemberListSupported and IntelliPromptQuickInfoSupported properties to return false.

Actipro Software Support

Those are read only properties in the DynamicSyntaxLanguage class.

I tried overriding them with a get/set property (which suprised me when the compiler did not complain) but it still tells me that it is read only when I try to change it.

I need the user to be able to switch the feature on or off.

I know I can add a line of code in the trigger function to [conditionally] exit if it is switched off but I would prefer the event not to fire at all.

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

For instance, you would probably add a new public get/set property for your feature option, then override the IntelliPromptMemberListSupported getter to return the getter value of your new property.  Then just set your new property from your options dialog.

Actipro Software Support

That's not really much different than what I'm doing now.

I was trying to avoid having to create my own option - the user sets the option via Visual Studio's options page  - but I dont have easy access to VS options from my code editor so I was hoping to just use an existing property of the editor. 

I had just assumed that SyntaxEditor would have a property that enabled/disabled those features.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.