EditCommand Execution Events?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Cody Thompson - Space Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions
Version: 12.1.0304

Hi:

So in my code, I am saving and executing macros using the MacroRecording class, and this works perfectly fine. I've gotten the macros to fire and execute properly. The issue is that none of these macros, when executed, seem to trigger the OnSyntaxEditorKeyTyped() event. As a matter of fact, I can't seem to find any event that they do fire, which is the issue.

My question is thus: Which events fire when executing macros (or EditCommands in general)? Furthermore, in those events, do they allow you to detect characters added to the document or not?

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Cody,

The KeyTyped event is what creates and executes edit actions so no, it won't be raised when a typing edit action is played back from a macro.

Normal document modfication and view selection change events will fire though when appropriate based on the document text and selection changing.  There aren't any events that tell when an EditCommand executes though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Cody Thompson - Space Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions

That's very unfortunate, but is more or less the answer I was expecting. Thank you for your response either way.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.