Posted 20 years ago by painetraine
I am using the SQL language and when I have a lengthy script, ie (> 3K lines) and go towards the beginning of the document and type either an open ' or end ', then editor seems to freeze for several seconds while it's changing everything to/from string.

Is there a way for me to speed this up so it doesn't lock the editor and prevent the user from typing?

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The problem here is that entering the opening character of a string means that it must scan all the way through the rest of the document since all that is now a string. In some other languages, you can make strings end on the quote or a line feed. The specification of a line feed in the end pattern prevents this parse lag from happening since it only parses the current line. However since SQL allows for line feeds in strings, typing quotes at the beginning of a huge document may take a little time to parse the document.

If you can think of any optmizations in the language design for this, please let us know.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.