Allow to change the application file chooser

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Quentin

Hello,

I'm working with easyphp and I can't explorer my hard drive (c:\program files\easyphp\www) with the default modern UI file chooser of windows. Permit changing application could be useful for this.

Sorry for my english :p

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Quentin,

The file chooser (when you press Browse in Code Writer) is something Microsoft provides to us (we can't really change its functionality) and we just call it.  You should be able to get to anywhere on your hard drive with it though.  For instance, if I want to get to my Program Files folder, I click "Browse" in Code Writer to show the chooser, click "Files" at the top left and select "Computer" in the drop-down, then double-click on C: in the list and so on.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Quentin

When I choose "c:", I don't see "program files".

But I can open my files with the old default explorer, I will do like that ;)

Thank you

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Sorry I should have tried it here before writing up the last reply.  I don't see Program Files either when I use the picker.  Unfortunately it looks like Microsoft has made that folder completely off limits to Windows 8 apps (since Windows 8 apps are sandboxed for security).  Sorry but we don't have control over that and Microsoft would need to update Windows 8 to allow access to it for apps.

I'd recommend that you install your files that you need to access into your Documents folder structure instead.  You definitely will be able to get to them then.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.