So you've got the lex...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by Kieron - Southampton, UK
Hi,

Let me start off by saying this product is truly amazing...great work guys/ gals.

My question is this, you seem to have a lexer built into the component so will you be a building a yacc in at any point?

Regards,
Kieron

Regards,
Kieron

Comments (4)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We have been looking into that. Right now we're doing some work on changing things to separate Document-related classes completely from the user interface for version 2.5. This will allow for Documents to be detached from a SyntaxEditor and examined/manipulated in memory. It also will allow for you to load a Document without even creating a SyntaxEditor control!

After that is released, we are going to focus on how to improve semantic parsing so that we can add functionality for parsing languages and giving meaning to tokens. Doing something like YACC is a possibility. We are open to all feedback and ideas on this so if you have any, please post it or email it.

Actipro Software Support

Awesome move guys, we've been using a freeware lex and yacc to create our own simple filting language that translates directly into C# code that is dynamically compiled an assembly an run for the user. The lex and yacc we've been using is at the following, perhaps it'll help: <A HREF="http://cis.paisley.ac.uk/crow-ci0/." TARGET=_blank>http://cis.paisley.ac.uk/crow-ci0/.</A>

Hope it helps,
Kieron

Regards,
Kieron

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks... once we get further along maybe we can write you to work together to come up with something that really integrates well with SyntaxEditor for parser generation.

Actipro Software Support

Sure thing, I'll help where I can but I only heard about lex and yacc for the first time mid-last week!

Regards,
Kieron

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.