Posted 11 years ago by Cristian Alexandru
Version: 1.5.6

Hello Actipro Team,

I have some suggestions for you regarding this app. I want to connect to a web host server with this application so I won't be needed to download and install notepad++ (for example connecting to orgfree.com). In other words I want to log in into my ftp, and to save, edit, delete, rename files from there.

Also, you can add preview for codes so that I can see in realtime what I am programming. (I will can see a preview of php files only if I have an apache server in PC, or I am connected on web.)

Also, include login to mysql database and create, edit, etc tables from there. We will have, in this way, to preview the sql code (if I am connected to that server.)

Also, you can include a whole php server on this app.. so it won't be necessary to install xampp on PC.

I am using Windows 8 Pro.

Thank you,

Chris

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (6)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the suggestions.  Could your (and anyone else reading this who wants FTP) provide some more detail on how you'd like this interface to work?  Implementing a full FTP client seems a bit out of scope for a code editing app, so I'm curious what sort of workflow you are looking for.  The more specifics you can give on what windows/flyouts you'd like to see and with what functionality, the better.

Previews are something on our TODO list and I'll log your request with that.  However please note that Windows 8 apps are sandboxed and so we are limited in what we can preview.

Actipro Software Support

The graphic interface won't be changed (instead there will be more animation effects). You will add a new link on Settings charm called Accounts, so we can linking everything together.

For example: I am connected to orgfree.com and on its database -> a programming in php with data that should be added into database, will work without problems. [In conclusion we will have All In One app.]

A full client FTP can help us in case we have to program something immediately directly on internet, and we don't have very much time for this.

The full FTP Client implemented on this app will have the following features:

-> Editing files directly on FTP. Save them locally on a cache location for edit, and saving will upload the again to ftp account, replacing the existing files.

Thank you,

Hi Chris,

Could you explain the whole orgfree.com scenario some more?  Is this where you want FTP access for?

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

What scenario? Please be more explicit! :)

Yes I could, but I didn't understand you well.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Well you mentioned adding an Accounts tab in Settings.  I assume that would be the credentials for some FTP site.

But then how do you access files from that?  I'd need specific ideas.  Most FTP clients have a left side (remote) and right side (local) and you transfer files one way or the other.  I'm not thinking that sort of concept would be good for a code editor, as that is better suited for a dedicated FTP client application.

So that being said, how do we go about picking a file to open from a remote FTP site?  Where would some open button be that would use the login credentials set up in the Settings/Accounts?  Would it be like the current file open picker except just showing the FTP site?

Actipro Software Support

Yes.. you are right, I mentioned. There will be there 2 ways to connect with your accounts in Settings: "FTP" and "MySQL".

Each of them with 2 input fields: "Username and Password" and a checkbox called: "Remember me."

There won't be limitations.. (for example: connect only to orgfree.com) I will use any accounts (of mine) from any website I wish. Even a local account.. If I have xampp.

That your idea with file picker, is very good. Add it. :d

[Modified 11 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.