Posted 11 years ago by Jake Morrison
Version: 1.6.7

http://i.imgur.com/zo6EnJu.png

So the way I'm doing this is I have mapped my Webdav server to my Surface RT's file explorer, and it opens documents perfectly but I'm guessing there's some sort of write permissions error. I can save the files in Notepad fine so it seems to be related to this app. Any workarounds??

Comments (4)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jake,

We are just calling the basic "open file for write" code that Microsoft provides to us in WinRT.  It sounds like this is a lower-level issue than what we can control and I suspect if you tried doing the same thing in another Windows 8 app (not a desktop app), you'd probably see the same issue.  If you try it, please let us know the results.

Actipro Software Support

Well my results are as follows...

Out of the 6 apps I downloaded to test this, 4 couldn't even open the file type(wasn't listed in the Metro explorer). The 2 that could open it were Notepad Classic and Simple Notepad. They were both able to save successfully(Simple Notepad makes you do a Save As... every time, obnoxious). Notepad Classic simply said "Saved" and it did indeed.

I'm willing to help resolve this issue in any way, as this is the only real editor in the store and I'd like to edit my code on the Webdav.

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jake,

Are you a software developer by chance, and if so, are you able to make Windows 8 apps with Visual Studio?  If so, perhaps we can work with you via email to have you try different things to see if you can sort out why our saving method doesn't work, and see what changes would make it work.  Like I said though, our saving method is pretty standard and is what I'd expect most apps to be doing.

One other thing to try... if you close this particular document, then create a new document and Save As over the other one that was causing issues, does that work?

Actipro Software Support

http://i.imgur.com/wkL5QHF.png Doing Save As... gave me this, so I'm assuming it's some kind of permissions error with it, but I'm curious how the other apps are able to.

Yes I am, and I use Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8. My email is jake.morrison24 [at] live.com

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.