Posted 11 years ago by Aaron Throckmorton

I love this app, but I believe it falls into the trap that most Windows 8 "Modern" apps are falling iinto - not enought chrome!  I know that is the point, and for tablets or smaller screens it is probably perfect.  Some of us use Windows 8 on large monitors though.  

I would love the option of having a toolbar available at the top all the time for the functions found under the Advanced in the app bar.  

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the suggestion.  One thing though, you can easily get to all the hidden gallery operations via the keyboard shortcuts described in the Help.

For instance, if you wanted to indent some lines, just select them and press Tab as many time as appropriate.

To duplicate a line, press Ctrl+D.

To comment lines, press Ctrl+E, then C.  This particular sequence is a "chord".  The first Ctrl+E shows the gallery and then "C" executes the "Comment selection" operation.

With the use of keyboard shortcuts, you can be very productive without needing an always-visible toolbar.  Or you can just press Ctrl+E to show it without needing to go to the app bar.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Aaron Throckmorton

Ctrl+E is the ticket!  I love all the keyboard shortcuts, and being able to get to the toolbar by pressing Ctrl+E is good enough.  Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.