newbie question re VS templates

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by David Bagby - Calypso Ventures, Inc.
Version: 13.1.0580

I downloaded the WPF suite for evaluation and installed it. That went fine.

I created a WPF project to try out the docking controls - added references ok.

Found the docksite in the designer contols list and added a doc site to the top level Grid - simple just dragged and dropped form the toolkit.

However, from there the only way I've found to proceed is to write XAML code (or steal bits & peices from the VS templates). 

The WPF suite product secription includes:

"Designer Functionality

Configure the products using Visual Studio and Expression Blend designer enhancements."

This gave me the impression that there is a designer/drag & drop approach to creating the nesting of Splitcontainers, MDIContatiners etc.

Is that possible, or am I just assuming too much, or have I missed somthing ?

Dave

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry but the Docking/MDI product at this time doesn't have drag and drop configuration.  You still would need to configure its layout with XAML.  We include a lot of samples on various layouts and the documentation topics (like Control Hierarchy) help too.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by David Bagby - Calypso Ventures, Inc.

OK, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to over the weekend.  Thanks for the confirmation.

We can probably deal with that, I wanted to make sure I'm drawing valid conclusions from my evaluation effort.

Dave

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.