Event for when a user reorganizes the NavigationBar?

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Anthony Martin
Version: 2.0.78
I want to know when a user changes the order or hides/shows navigation panes. Is there an event?

Comments (6)

I should have used the sample program first but I know the answer, there aren't any.

I'd like to see events for when the configuration of the NavigationBar has changed.

This includes:
--Showing/Hiding of NavigationPanes
--Reorganization of NavigationPanes
--The NavigationBar's MaximumBarButtonCount has changed
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Good ideas. For the first one, you'd probably need an event args that specifies which particular pane changed but a regular EventHandler would work for the other two, right?

Actipro Software Support

Yes those sound good.
In regards to the reorganization one, are you just looking to catch the case where they open the Options dialog and adjust things? If so would you prefer an event where the end user just presses OK on the Options dialog?

Actipro Software Support

Not really, clicking OK is too generic. What if the user does nothing and clicks OK? It's really a Cancel and nothing has changed. I'd like to know when the list has changed.

However, if that is what would would be easier, it's a viable solution.
Ok these are now complete for the next maint release:
Added the NavigationBar.MaximumBarButtonCountChanged event that fires when the MaximumBarButtonCount property is changed.
Added the NavigationBar.NavigationPaneActiveChanging event that fires before the Active property of a NavigationPane is changed.
Added the NavigationBar.NavigationPanesReordered event that fires when the navigation panes are reordered from the Navigation Bar Options dialog.

Everything should work like you want.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 26 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.