KeyTips on Backstage page

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by DChe
Version: 13.1.0580

I have two questions:

1) I have added KeyTips to the Backstage tabs. Some of the tabs are of type ribbon:BackstageTab and others such as the Close tab are of type ribbon:Button. I have added KeyTips to each tab but the KeyTips for the Buttons are not aligned with the KeyTips for the BackstageTabs. Is there any way to get all KeyTips to be aligned?

2) Is it possible to show KeyTips on the actual tab page? Pressing Alt displays the KeyTips on the BackstageTabs but then after selecting one of the KeyTips I would expect for that tab page's KeyTips to then appear but they do not. Is this supported?

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

1) The backstage tabs and buttons currently render similar to the Office 2010 style and have their key tips positioned similar to how that version did.

You could set the attached KeyTipService.CustomKeyTipPlacementCallback property with a custom CustomKeyTipPlacementCallback on the buttons.  That would allow you to alter where they appear.

2) Yes, our main Document Editor demo shows key tips if you press Alt+F, then I, etc.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by DChe

In regards to item #2 above, can key tips be added to ribbon:TaskTabItem? We are creating a Backstage that has the look of Office 2013 and have added controls similar to what I see on the Document Editor demo, Bakstage, Save & Send tab. I don't see key tips there and I tried to add to my code when using a ribbon:TaskTabControl/ TaskTabItem.

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

It doesn't look like TaskTabItem supports key tips right now.  We'll work on updating that for the next version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.