Reverse Y Axis

Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Chris Ray
Version: 13.1.0580

Is it possible to reverse the axis? Say on the Y axis from 0 to 100, I want 0 to be at the top, and 100 to be at the bottom?

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

We currently don't have the ability to reverse the axes like ths. Could you describe your scenario (why the axis is reversed, what kind of data you're visualizing) so we have a use case when implementing this in the future?

Actipro Software Support

Sure. Can I post a picture on here? Here's a link to what I'm visualizing in my public dropbox (won't be there long so if you have the ability to turn it into a picture on here, be my guest): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54168874/reverse_axis.jpg

Basically, I work in oil & gas, as everything we graph is against an ever-decending measured depth of a borehole. So imagine the top of the graph being at Zero Depth. The bottom of the Y axis is the deepest depth. The further down the Y axis you travel (following a borehole) you graph the values of some property on the X. In the pictured example, the X axis is the horizontal depth traveled by this borehole.

That graph was produced by a competitor of yours' WPF chart, I'm trying to phase them out of our software.

Here is an example of graphing a measurable property against a reversed-Y (depth descends) in excelhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54168874/lgspercent.jpg

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the screens.  We're going to look into these things as possible enhancements for a future release.  And if you don't mind, we may contact you via email for more information.

Actipro Software Support

Please do. Thank you.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.