Is there a way to do a silent install of ActiPro WinForms components

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Henrik Johnson
Version: 13.1.0310

Hello,

We are implementing a contiuos integration build system where we start out with as virgin a system as possible and then perform our build which runs from a VM snapshot that is reset after each build.

We are running into a problem where our ActiPro components are not being properly licensed during the build (Since ActiPro is not actually installed on this system) and pop up a dialog to that effect in the resulting binaries. My question is:

1. Is there anything that we can do to easily make ActiPro aware of the license key we have. For instance installing a few registry keys etc.

2. If #1 is not possible, is it possible to do a silent install of this component so that we can integrate the install of this component into the build itself?

Thank you.

/Henrik

Comments (7)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Henrik,

You would need to run our installer once on that build machine.  You can uninstall it right afterward and the licensing data will remain.  I don't think it supports slient install though.

There is a more low level way you can copy some registry keys though, which we can explain to your if you write our support address.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Michel Chami - Software Engineer, Safe Engineering Services & technologies ltd.

Could you please send me the instructions on how to do so ?

Posted 9 years ago by Henrik Johnson

All you need to do is install the Registry hive with the keys for the license.

On my machine (64 bit) it resides here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Actipro Software\WinForms Controls\14.1

If you just export this and then import it back into the registry Actipro works correctly in the release binary.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Just be sure you only do that on developer machines and not on end user machines, since for end users, the licensing will come from the .exe you compile when you follow the steps in the "Licensing" documentation topic.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Michel Chami - Software Engineer, Safe Engineering Services & technologies ltd.

Thanks. That is exaclty what we were looking for. It was for IT to install quietly on the developpers machines.

I do undertand how it works for the end-users licensing.

Cheers

Posted 9 years ago by Henrik Johnson

Similar thing here. We do all our builds from a "clean machine" and we are saving precious build time by not having to actually run the installer for ActiPro.

Posted 8 years ago by Jeff Piersol

Looks like this is all you need for WPF (probably similar for WinForms) on x64:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Actipro Software\WPF Controls\14.2]

@=""

"Licensee"="<Organization Name>"

"LicenseKey"="<License Key>"

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.