ParameterInfo for c# SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by George
Version: 13.1.0581

I am a newbie to SyntaxEditor but what I want to achieve is simple.

I have my C# code written with XML comments and all that. I would like my XML comments to appear in Intelliprompt just like for the .NET types. I have loaded the assemblies but just can't seem to get the XML comments appearing in Intelliprompt and I can't find my way around the documentation. 

Apparently, I have to add the source files to the IProjectAssembly.SourceFiles list. Have done that but no success. If that is the way to do it, it means I have to add all my source files which is a lot of source files to add. Plus, I initially thought the more intuitive way to do it is to generate an XML documentation file from your assembly and add that rather. This will give me the flexibility of translating the XML file if need be before adding it. At run-time, I can choose to load the German versions of the XML documentation file and viola. I don't believe rewriting our source code just to put in German text is practical plus the translators are not developers. They can handle XML files but not .cs files.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi George,

For documentation, assembly references will look for an .xml documentation file in the same folder.  If you load source code (.cs) files directly, then it should pull the documentation comments from what is in the source.

Either way you load references, documentation comments should show up.  If you'd like us to look into why it's not working in your case, please make a new simple sample project that shows the preferred way you would like to use things.  I would recommend using assemblies instead of source files if possible.  E-mail the sample to our support address and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by George

Thanks a lot. I have got it working now.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.