Convert text file input to foreign language

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by ernesto
Version: 4.0.0241
What is a method to use that would allow me to import an English text file and display it as Spanish and be able to edit the file in Spanish then save it again back to English.

thanks
teamels

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernesto,

If you mean file loading and saving, you can specify Encoding values in some of the Document LoadFile and SaveFile methods. Once loaded, everything is Unicode but you can save it back out in a different Encoding.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by ernesto
Ok, thanks this looks like a quick input by providing a simple encoding value. Do you provide these encoding values for say Spanish? or how do I go about getting an Encoder. I looked in the documentation, but it only says use an encoding value for the overloaded method of the Document.LoadFile(path, encoding) and no example.

thanks
teamels
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Encodings are something the is provided by the .NET framework and decides how character sets are stored. You should look in the .NET Framework documentation for more information on them and other globalization topics.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.