VB Style Simple Language

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
Version: 4.0.0241
Hi,

Trying to create a VB style language using the simple add-on example. I'm having an issue attempting to identify the start and end of the 'Block'.

For example
Function Test(x, y)

End Function
Essentially the first line is no different to the simple example, so ok there. My problem is how do I get it to recognise the Function/End Function vs {/} of the simple language??

Once I get this, this will hopefully clear up a lot of confusion.

Thanks

[Modified at 02/07/2007 03:21 AM]

[Modified at 02/07/2007 03:52 AM]

Regards, Matt

Comments (6)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Question, do you mean for lexical or semantic parsing. Also describe how you are implementing this, like via a dynamic language or programmatic lexer, etc.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
Hi,

I'm attempting to do this via Lexical parsing in the Grammer designer. As stated using the Simple Language as a basis.

Regards, Matt

In our VB.NET add-on's semantic parser, while scanning within a Function block we are always looking for an End token that is followed by Function. In that case we break out of our scanning loop, eat those two tokens, and know that the function declaration is over.

[Modified at 02/07/2007 06:51 AM]

Actipro Software Support

Ok - I'll take a look.

Any thoughts on doing some sort of tutorials on the basic stuff as the c#/c style is different to vb??

Regards, Matt

I can add that to the TODO list for you.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks!

Regards, Matt

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.