Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
Version: 4.0.0241
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

Just playing with the vb.net add-on and have found a couple of issues. It relates to having overloaded functions and the quickinfo it displays.

Activate the VB.Net add-on in the sample.

Issue 1:

* Hover over 'Add' on 'Public Function Add' (with the two parameters) and the quickinfo prompt is displayed correctly.
* Hover over 'Add' on 'Public Function Add' (with the three parameters) and the quickinfo prompt is displayed incorrectly as it displays the quickinfo for the two parameter 'Add' function rather than the three parameter 'Add'.

Issue 2:
* Hover over 'Add' on Return Me.Add in 'Public Function [Double]'. It correcty shows the quickinfo for the two parameter 'Add'
* Manually add the third parameter, and re-hover as above. It incorrectly shows the quickinfo for the two parameter 'Add' rather than the three parameter 'Add'.

Note: a quick look at the C# example appears to show a similar issue with this one.

Regards, Matt

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks Matt... I'll add it to the TODO list. Yes I don't believe they currently resolve which overload to display yet.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.