BarExtent property in CircularScale

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Rithesh
Version: 13.2.0590
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi, I am not able to set the BarExtent property in my application, but I can set this property in normal wpf application and works fine.

I am directly using the circular gauge xaml in my application, even the binding or setting this property with any value does not work.

It is always taking the default value of 5 which is set in the circular scale constructor.

public CircularScale(){  this.BarExtent = Unit.Pixel(5.0);   ... }

I guess this might be problem but I cannot confirm this. All other unit properties works fine. This is the only(as per my investigation) property which has th value set in the constructor of derived class.

Even TickMarkMajor has the extent property and has been set in the CircularTickMarkMajor as below in the static constructor.

CircularTickMarkBase.TickMarkExtentProperty.OverrideMetadata(typeof (CircularTickMarkMajor), (PropertyMetadata) new FrameworkPropertyMetadata((object) Unit.Pixel(8.0), FrameworkPropertyMetadataOptions.AffectsRender));

Can this be BarExtent property setting be changed to dependency property setting instead of direct property setting?

At present I dont have any sample app to generate this issue.

thanks and regards,

Rithesh

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rithesh,

Good find, the BarExtent should not have been set in code like that since it prevents other property setting mechanisms from overriding it.  We've updated this for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.