langdef xml keywords documentation

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Peter MacNeil
Version: 13.2.0590

Hello!

In your old docs for the WinForm SyntaxEditor v3.6 there is a section "XML Language Definition Specification".

I'm now working with the SyntaxEditor in WPF and the SyntaxEditor Language Designer to produce langdef files. I've been looking high and low for similar xml specifications in the Documentation for 2013.2.590 but can't find them.

Where will I find the current XML specifications for langdef files?

Thanks,

Pete

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Pete,

Sorry we don't have the XML specification in the newer docs, mostly because for .langproj files, we intend for you to edit them with our Language Designer app and not have to edit the XML directly.  Once you set up the .langproj file, then you code generate either a .langdef or other language-related classes to use in your code.

Also, the Language Designer app can import SyntaxEditor v4.0 dynamic language XML definitions and make a .langproj from them.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Peter MacNeil

Thank you for the quick reply.

Our product is employing the SyntaxEditor in our client app providing an IDE for our custom scripting language running on our server. Our scripting language is updated when the server code is updated so we're providing the language definition from the server to the client app at run time. Our server will generate the langdef file from a template we'll develope from the output of your Language Designer app. I would have liked to have docs so I would know I've covered all of the bases but with a little trial and error we can make this work.

Thanks again,

Pete

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Pete,

Overall the dynamic lexer portion of the newer .langdef format is similar to the older WinForms SyntaxEditor format.  So most of the same concepts apply.  The main differences will be more of a XAML-like syntax in certain locations.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.