removed default IntelliPromptCompleteWordCommand but still completes intellisense

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Norbert Jurkiewicz
Version: 13.1.0311

I removed the defualt 'IntelliPromptCompleteWordCommand' command from the commandlinks collection.  During IntellitSense the space key still completes the word with a space after it.

The default behavior (on space) for our editor needs to to turn off intellisense (without finishing the word) and put in a blank.

This behavior also extends to other characters that are not in any of the intellisense words.

For example:  If I his `">?. etc while on a word is selected in the intellisens it finishes the words.   The word is completed even though none of these chars are part of it...

Thank you.

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Norbert,

The way the member list works is that if a character is typed that isn't a letter/digit and isn't in the AllowedCharacters collection, it will check to see if there is a full or virtual (IsSelectionVirtual) selection at the moment.  If it is a full selection, the current item auto-completes.  Otherwise, the list closes and aborts.

The only way to prevent that default behavior would be to handle the IntelliPromptMemberListClosing event and set e.Cancel = true.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Norbert Jurkiewicz

This helped out a lot.  Thanl you.

What was happening...

I intercept the KeyTyped event and regenrate a new list of items for the MemeberList.  After I did a MemeberList.Show the first item is always selected, which is why hitting any key would finish the word.  I now make the SelectedItem null after a Show.

N.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.