How to detect what caused the Intelliprompt list to close

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Michael Dempsey - Sr. Developer, Teradata Corp
Version: 13.1.0311

I have 2 different types of items in my Intelliprompt list.

For one type I want to accept/insert the matching list item no matter what the user types/clicks to close the list (except ESC)

For the other I only want to accept the item if they type an '(', press Enter, or double click.

I have not been able to find anything that tells me the list was closed by double clicking an item.
Is that possible?

(The list may be closed by any of the 'trigger' keys: , . = < > + - * /)

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Sorry but nothing is passed down to you to indicate what caused a completion.  So other than looking at the stack trace to see if there are keywords like OnKeyTyping in it, etc. (which is a total unadvised hack) there isn't a way to know.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Michael Dempsey - Sr. Developer, Teradata Corp

OK, I didn't think I had missed anything but I thought I should double check.

I have added a bit of a hack that will work as long as they double click an item BEFORE typing anything, but that's probably only useful when the list is short.
(I already keep track of the last character typed, for other reasons, so I set it to VbCr before showing the list. That way if the user double clicks - before typing anything else - I will think they pressed Enter.)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.