Paste causes an exception

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
Hi,

I have run into a very a strange exception when pasting code in the C# add-on language. With the steps below which are a bit strange I can reproduce it 100%. It sometimes also happens with other copy and pasting, but the weird long line mentioned below makes reproducable all the time:

- Open the C# example application with C# add-on language loaded

- Copy and paste the following line (which is one long line):
("ONDERZOEK_ID","MEDEWERKER_ID", "C_TAAK", "CLASSIFICATIE_LINKS", "CLASSIFICATIE_RECHTS", "C_BEOORDELING", "ADVIES_AANT_VLG_RONDE", "OPMERKING", "D_TAAK", "D_WIJZIGING", "GBR_WIJZIGING", "ACTIEF", "FOTOBESPREKING", "NIETOPTIMAALWELVOLDOENDE", "OOKCRANIOCAUDALE", "BESPREKEN", "ONM_ID") VALUES(: p0,: p1,: p2,: p3,: p4,: p5,: p6,: p7,: p8,: p9,: p10,: p11,: p12,: p13,: p14,: p15,: p16); : p0 = '1216850',: p1 = '30787',: p2 = 'R',: p3 = '1 ',: p4 = '1 ',: p5 = 'SNEG ',: p6 = '',: p7 = '',: p8 = '06-02-2007 12:04:45',: p9 = '01-01-0001 0:00:00',: p10 = '',: p11 = '1',: p12 = '',: p13 = '0',: p14 = '0',: p15 = '0',: p16 = '155'

after "public int Add(int x, int y) {"

- now place the caret after "C_TAAK", and press enter.

- this causes this exception:
FatalExecutionEngineError was detected
Message: The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x7f570c2b, on thread 0x520. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

I hope you will be able to reproduce the exception and fix the problem.

Kind regards,

Erik Pepping

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks Erik... found the issue and added a check to make sure the object is not null before referencing its property. It no longer seems to occur when I test now. We're planning on a release tomorrow or very soon and it will be in that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
Thx, I can confirm that it is fixed.

Erik Pepping
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.