Posted 10 years ago by Radjesh Klauke - X-impress
Version: 13.1.0311

Hi,

After leaving this plugin for almost 2 years due to it's difficulty of implemeting (at least for me... lol), I decided to pick it up and go for it.

Back to basics: I started a new project, added the syntaxeditor, created a new xml as sample to read, changed the values in the xml-lexer and started the project.

The text is read perfectly, but I don't see any outlining or colors. Any chance you are willing to have a quick look what I forgot. Thanks in advance.

[removed]

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (12)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Radjesh,

When I run your sample, I get this exception:

The dynamic language XML definition 'S:\Code\Test\Klauke\simple_xml\bin\Debug\xmlLexer.xml)' was not found.

Your had a close paren in your file path string.  Syntax highlighting shows fine after that.

The basic XML language example we provide doesn't do outlining though.  You'd need to use the advanced XML language in our Web Languages Add-on (sold separately) if you want outlining.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Now that was a bit stupid...

I have been thinking about buying that addon, but I really want to learn how to do it myself. Unless you don't recommend it due to it's complexity.

Just be honest. Don't mind buying it.

Posted 10 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Outlining can be achieved relatively easily. Just take a look at the outlining topic in the manual. Since XML is very easy to read and understand, you don't need a parser. You just use .net features.

But to be honest. For just 99$, I would rather buy it. You can still try doing it yourself if you just want to learn how to do it.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Thanks for the reply. Will buy it, thanks for honesty. But I also really want to learn how to do it myself. Let me check the manual again and see if I can achieve it.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

The add-on has a full grammar-based parser that builds AST nodes that support code outlining.  It would take a lot of hours to get that similar functionlaity plus the other functionality we have in the add-on working properly, so it's generally easier to just get the add-on if you want those advanced features.  Especially when you consider that it's priced very low.

Actipro Software Support

Okay thanks.

I bought the plugin and it seems to work, but how about adding members to intelliprompt and hook it to the editor? It seems like it doesn't work the same as in version 4.0.

I've attached a new version of my test-editor so you can see what I'm doing: http://www.filedropper.com/simplexml_1

[Modified 10 years ago]

Hi Radjesh,

The add-on works the same as in v4.0.  But it doesn't look like you followed the instructions in the documentation for getting started with the add-on.  Please look at the "Key Steps for Getting Started" section in the main topic of the Web Languages Add-on documentation and do all of those things.  You are missing things like turning on the semantic parsing service, adding schemas, etc.

[Modified 10 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Had to do a good search, but I got it started.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/38iu657rwpsr8xa/simple_xml.rar

But how do I clear the existing memberlist and add new members myself? (intelliprompt.memberlist.clear doesn't work)

Hi Radjesh,

Sorry but I'm not quite sure what you mean.  The advanced XML language in the Web Languages Add-on will use whatever .xsd schema files you specify so that it can automatically show proper XML IntelliPrompt member lists.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.I have tried a lot an read a lot, but nothing makes sense to me to get it to work.

So you mean that I need to create my own xsd if I want to add my own tags?

For instance I need to add the following tags: GROUP, TAB, BUTTON, SEPERATOR... etc... (just as an example)

How do I create a proper xsd so it will show these tags in the intelliprompt? (a simple example would be much appreciated)

[Modified 10 years ago]

Hi Radjesh,

XSD schemas are a standard format for XML and you can find tons of info about them on the web.  We just interpret the XSD files you specify and provide IntelliPrompt based on it.  You would be best served to find XSD tutorials on the web and learn how it works.  It can get somewhat complex in certain scenarios and a proper tutorial can explain it far better than we can.

The XSD files we include in our sample project are located in this folder:

\ProductSamples\SyntaxEditorSamples\Languages\XmlSchemas

You can look at those for examples, or look on the web for plenty of other examples of XSD files.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.