Posted 10 years ago by Trance

It would be great to add support for .log files. I know it would be even better to have the ability to register your own file types, but that is a modern limitation.

Comments (3)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Inside of the app you can add custom file extensions to the Settings / File Types area.  Just drill down into a File Type settings pane and you could add .log files to the Text file type, etc.  This will allow .log files to show up in the Open/Save dialogs within the app.

Did you just want .log files to be opened as plain text in the app?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Trance

Actually, I was also thinking about adding custom formatting, so you can better filter with certain types of log files, like being to highlight "error" "info", etc. You know what I mean? Also, I need the file type registered so that I can open the files directly from the desktop.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

The problem there is that log files can really be any format as there isn't a particular well-defined syntax for them.  We will add .log as a registered file type for the app, to open with the text file type though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.