Posted 10 years ago by brandon elliott
Version: 2.3.14

in you so called "help" section it does not say one thing about running the program you have just made. i tried typing run but there was no luck. can you please tell me how i run it because it is annoying that it doesn't work

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brandon,

Sorry but we don't have any execution mechanisms at this time, which is why there is nothing in the documentation telling how to do it.   Recent versions do have a section at the very end of the documentation explaining why, and I will elaborate below.

Windows Store apps are sandboxed meaning that we are not allowed by Microsoft to run any external .exes (such as compilers, etc.) and are also not allowed to load third-party assemblies at run-time.  As you can see, those strict sandbox limitations make it very difficult to support any sort of compilation/execution mechanism.  Thus Code Writer is more for writing code only and you'd have to use an external application or IDE to execute it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.